Monday, September 8, 2008

Uncaged

Welcome to TigersUncaged! The new home of my unofficial Colorado College Tiger hockey blog! Take a look around and leave some comments with what you like, don't like, and would love to see, I'm open for anything!
The goal of this site was an easier URL (tigersuncaged.blogspot.com), cleaner layout and a more traditional banner. I went with the throwback jersey as the concept and added the new site logo over the top, like it? I also decided to throw in some "bling" in honor of the MacNaughton Cup win and the 2 straight years of having the Gold Pan (what? gotta keep the rivalry hot!) For those of you worried about the trademark music for the site, it will return soon but I don't want you to miss out on the song in the vid above!
I originally thought about transferring over to WordPress from blogger because their blogs are slightly more advanced (you can actually have pages) but the templates and colors are harder to work with, plus with enough patience you can mod blogger to do more. I decided to stick with what I knew and made a crisp, clean new site with the underpinnings of the old site. I'm sure that what you see today will be different by November but I think it's a great start. The old site will remain active for a few months and then will automatically forward viewers to the new site. It will remain as the archives section.
Leave your thoughts and welcome to the new site!

1 comments:

msbdu said...

52 years and counting boys...don't see that changing anytime in the near future