Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tigers Knock off Colgate

Quick recap of the night then I'm off to bed.
Tigers 3, Colgate 2
The Tigers looked absolutely awful in the first period tonight, landing only 3 shots on goal, by far the fewest ever for a period that I've ever watched in person. They rebounded nicely in the 2nd and played pretty decent in the third. Bachman was hung out on the 2 goals but made an unbelievable arm save on a semi-breakaway, wish I had the video of it because it was SportsCenter worthy X10! Met a couple from Nebraska sporting their Husker gear which was pretty cool. Speaking of that, I have a review about Tigers on Tejon coming this week, I was finally able to make a trip in while I was back for Thanksgiving. How does that relate to NU? Read the article and see! I'll have a more detailed wrap-up of the weekend either late Sunday night or early in the week. And for the record, the Tigers don't look like a top 10 team right now. They are out of synch and grasping for plays (but they are still skating well). I wouldn't be suprised to see them take a tumble to 8, 9 or 10 in this Monday's polls.
I'm driving back to Durango tomorrow so it will be an early night before heading to work by 7AM Monday. Couple of links below for some reading in the meantime. Oh, and in case you're wondering, Air Force lost 4-1 to DU tonight, ending the unbeaten streak.
CC Athletics recap
USCHO scoreboard

0 comments: